Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday Paddling!


Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I took advantage of the beautiful weather today in Charlottesville (60F and sunny) to get out and go paddling, "suns out-guns out style". My knuckles were a bit sore from ice climbing yesterday, so some cool water was going to feel great. I drove out to Rivanna Reservoir first. Unfortunately, the lake was still frozen over so I drove back to Darden Towe park. I decided for a change of pace that I was going to do some intervals. I paddled 1/5th of a mile upstream at a casual pace, and then booked it down stream at 100% power. After about an hour, I decided that my shoulders had been sufficiently beaten, and paddled around leisurely for awhile. Another great day out on the boat. Make sure to check out my website at http://www.paddlingforparkinsons.com/ to see my location and the most up to date information about my trip.


Hope everyone enjoys the game!

No comments: