Sunday, October 26, 2008

Boat Is HERE!

So at 10:15 on 10/25, my brand new Storm GT arrived in Cville. After clearing out much of our already gear filled apartment, my roommate Brett and I were able to bring that beauty into our place.

I spent about an hour and a half ooing and aaing over it. The Storm is 17' long and clocks in at 63lbs. It has two hatches and a rudder and man is it a sleek looking machine. A special thanks goes out to Mike Cichanowski and Jake Greseth at Current Designs for all their help and generousity.

I am planning on getting some photos up this afternoon. Hopefully I will be able to be head out on the water here after surgery is finished with. Right now the pre 5 am starts are making it difficult to get out on the water.

I am also going to need help with ideas for naming my boat. She is in need of a name befitting a sleek, sexy craft that will take me the distance. Please post your thoughts!

You can check out all of the dealer specs at http://www.cdkayak.com/products/template/product_detail.php?IID=140

1 comment:

Le Pistoir said...

Yar,
You have a fine pirate craft there, matey. I submit you pick a hero from those your fund could benefit and name the craft after him or her. I just found out about your excellent adventure and wish you success-fou (French for a wild success). Looking forward to pics from Montana!